Ok so because she has some really cool prizes Ive decided to join knittyotter's http://knittyotter.typepad.com/ contest. So there are some things you have known or not or never wanted to know but here are the answers anyway -
Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:
1.) How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit from my grandmother when I was around 8 or so. But I didn't start really knitting again until 2003 when I was working nights for 12 hours monitoring networks.
I decided I needed to pick up a hobby that kept my hands busy.
2.) How long have you been knitting socks?
2003
3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?
Give her knitting needles and lots of squishy yummy yarn and tell her to make something.
4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?
Opal
5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down? either. Toe up is pretty neat though because you do all the tricky stuff in the beginning.
6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love purple. But I knit whatever even colors I hate.
7.) Do you have a pet(s)? yes a cat - Teuful and a dog-Dino
8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued? Yes please. I have one of those as well and she is fried.
9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit? baby stuff, blankets or anything unexpected.
10.) What's your favorite scent?I have this Body Mist stuff from the Gap called Rain. I like anything that smells like that.
11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band? Offspring Hammerhead
12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit? 3 and 3 christmas stockings.
13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet? salty - potato chips sweet - twix
14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.
We went to a bar/restaurant and the bar area had this really weird odor - kinda musty kinda bad.
15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic? Metal or plastic. I tend to be a stress knitter and break wooden needles. That and my dog chews the wooden ones.
16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?
I made a sock of my own and they are ankle sock and I love them
17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?
My friends and family. Socks Blankets anything utilitarian to help me on the deserted island.
Probably not.
So there you go. All that you never wanted to know about me and knitting:)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment