Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why i havent called...

or written...:)

This past weekend was supposed to be fun in the sun, fishing, maybe a trip or two to the boardwalk. Maybe a night out with the hubby to see harry potter. And lots of time at the pool with my munchkin. Yes we were supposed to go to the beach.

Instead my weekend started out with me spending 4 hours in the ER because I got into a car accident. Someone rear ended me. I am generally alright. I can walk but sitting or laying down hurts. Most of the time I hurt.
They suggested I keep mobile, not to overdo it but just not become a couch potato. So I went for a walk which was slow and painful but done anyway. Saturday afternoon I tried to take a nap but couldnt. Sunday Joshs parents came up for dinner. It was good to see them - I gave them pics from NH.
I had off work Mon and Tues to make drs appts insurance calls and car visits.
Get this I cant see my dr until next tuesday. There is only one dr in the office out of 5 who sees accident victims, at least for the initial visit. And he is on vacation. No backup.

So I decided to go see my chiropractor. Who could see me right away and took XRays. Nothing is broken but I am all out of whack. I cant knit for very long. Monday I couldnt sit in one spot for more then 10 minutes and laying down hurt my chest.

Today I am sore all over. And things go tingly. I am getting ready to go see the chiro again.

The car is damaged as well. Not sure how badly but they deemed it unsafe to drive.

So that was my weekend Oh I did finish Harry Potter:)

How was your weekend? Please let me know

4 comments:

eric l. said...

feel better sweetie.

E

Anonymous said...

Oh how horrible, I hope you are feeling better this week. Take it easy, a slow and good recovery is better then a quick one that relapses.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I am glad you were not hurt worse! Hang in there!

beth (big geek)

Holly said...

Wow.. I'm just getting caught up. Sorry to hear about your accident! And here I was feeling sorry for myself because I have to cancel a trip to the beach because of a friend's daughter's wedding. I hope you make a complete recovery soon!