Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas is here...

and I am working. I also get to work New Years Day. The only holiday I didnt work this year was Thanksgiving. *sigh*

Oh well fortunately I get an extra 8 hrs pay on top of my regular hours.

Now I was able to finish all of my mittens and Christmas presents:)
Yay!

The mittens were a big hit with the little ones. When they opened them they just carried them around like a toy... it was incredibly cute. (the mittens were all knit with Lion Brand Homespun which is pretty soft and durable IMO).

The Purple Penguin went over well also. I was a little worried about that one. I mean kids under 5 are easy and kids over 15 are easy- but there is ten years there where I have no clue :)

I even finished a little baby blanket that I gave to my cousin. (I started it Thursday night and finished right before I gave it to her;) )

so someone is coming in at 5p tonight and I get to go to my in-laws tonight for dinner. and give them the doggy sweater and lil sweater decoration.

And then I will go home and sleep and get up tomorrow and come back into work - woohoo.

Anyway Josh and I received baby things and baby gift certificates. And my mom actually got over her whole giving us cash thing and gave us cash- hehe -

now i still have some projects to do but there is no real hurry.

im making a pair of socks for me
and i will make a "smoke ring" for a friend for her birthday.
i will also eventually knit a shawl for my roomie and mits for my hubby.

so now that christmas is gone i can relax a bit and start getting ready for the arrival of the little one who likes to kick me in the ribs :)
7 1/2 weeks left
eep!


No comments: