The past few days have been rough emotionally for me.
I am now officially finished at my last contract position. I was there for 8 months and I enjoyed almost every minute of my time there. Before this I had never had a job where I was welcomed immediately and felt like I belonged from the moment I set foot in the building.
Usually it takes a month or so to get used to new people and new experiences. I felt at home from day one. Everyone was nice and the place felt comfortable. Oh there were issues but nothing I couldnt handle.
When they didnt hire me I was upset but hey everything happens for a reason right?
Well Friday I said good-bye. I will miss everyone there and it was all I could do not to cry. I had a good time but its over and now its time to move on.
I start my new job on Tuesday and I am excited and apprehensive all at the same time. But I think this will be a good move. It puts me closer to my parents and I will be making a bit more money. So these are all good things. My commute will be an hour but its a nice drive so I think it will be ok.
----
Today Josh and I went to visit his grandmother. She had not met her great grandchild. As some of you know Josh's relationship with his grandmother was very rocky for awhile. But over Christmas she called Josh and apologized for everything.
We had a 3 hour drive to State College PA. It was a nice drive and Silver did very well. She slept for an hour and a half in the car on the way up. We had lunch with grandma and the visit was very nice. She had a heart attack a week ago and almost choked on the food she was eating. So I think she realizes that she isnt going to be around forever and needs to be nicer to people.
Silver had a good time also. She is so funny.
As we were leaving Grandma got emotional and wanted to make sure we didnt hate her. And we dont. We have decided to let the past go and we are moving on.
We will probably go visit again. It makes for a long day but its not a bad drive.
So we are moving on emotionally and hopefully things will be well.
On the knitting front I made a sweater for Silver I will have pictures later.
I also have pics from the drive up to State College. Did you know there is a Statue of Liberty on the Susquehanna(sp?)? Where there is and I will show you a picture.
Till then happy easter/passover.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment