Thursday, April 06, 2006

silly things and weather...

Ok so there is a silly thing at the end of this post.

Yesterday Mother Nature decided to play a late April Fools Trick on us.

Within the span of 15 minutes we went through 3 seasons. It started as Sunny and Spring.

Changed to rain and little cooler like fall. Then of all the blasted things it Snowed and the temperature dropped to about 40 degrees.

So In this span I experienced spring fall and winter.

And today? Today is sunny-ish and almost 60 out.

So haha Mother Nature I like the joke but um can we now have Spring back please?

---

On an unrelated note - hop on over to http://sangroncito.blogspot.com he has a post from yesterday about illegal immigrants. im not sure what to say about the subject as i have a lot of conflicting emotions and thoughts on the whole situation. but maybe he can inspire you to think about it. it is something that a lot of people would like addressed but... well i dont know if it should be.

--

This is for those of you who make things for others (knitting, quilting crafty things whatever)

also a topic was raised on a knitting blog read http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog - If you make something for someone what is the greater compliment- having them wear it all the time so that the object falls apart or having them put it in a drawer, box, closet, hope chest thing and only wearing it on special occasions or once in awhile so that it will last forever?

For me if I make something for someone I would like them to wear the hell out of it.

I made it to be used to keep someone warm or to provide comfort. If it becomes damaged I can fix it or make another. Just let me know. I love hearing that the blanket I made for a baby is now his/her favorite and they wont let it go -even to be washed. Or that my MIL wears her socks EVERY day because her feet get so cold. Wear it and enjoy and know that what I made was made with love and even though the thing may have frustrated me to no end when i made it, know that it was made with patience and perserverance and love:)

--

now for the silly thing

Your Birthdate: October 18
You are a cohesive force - able to bring many people together for a common cause.
You tend to excel in work situations, but you also facilitate a lot of social gatherings too.
Beyond being a good leader, you are good at inspiring others.
You also keep your powerful emotions in check - you know when to emote and when to repress.

Your strength: Emotional maturity beyond your years

Your weakness: Wearing yourself down with too many responsibilities

Your power color: Crimson red

Your power symbol: Snowflake

Your power month: September

No comments: