Wednesday, April 18, 2007

wow

So lots to talk about.

I lost a pound.

My thoughts go out to the families and students at Va Tech.

But thats really all I want to say because I dont want to go on a tirade.

So all of my heart issues are actually related to my Thyroid. I am now feeling much better with the upped dosage of meds.

So much so last night I went to the gym and upped all the weights on the machines. Yes it hurts today and tomorrow might be worse but how else am I going to build muscle? I think the reason I hurt is I did not stretch very well last night.

Anyway I got some knitting done. I finished the baby blanket for my coworker. made a belt for my 2yr old. Started another lap blanket for me at work. Its almost finished, Oh and I made cute little booties for my coworkers soon to be granddaughter. . And I have another couple of projects I need to start soon.

I have officially completed the YFC - I bought no yarn for 3 months - woohoo!

Now lets see... i need to go to joanns, and micheals... and... ok im just kidding.
even though i did not buy any yarn i still received yarn from people.
A coworker brought me yarn that her aunt had belonged to her aunt - and my aunt in law brought me yarn and needles and unfinished projects that her mother had been working on before she passed away last month.

So yes I inherited yarn but it was unsolicited.
But if you know someone who has inherited a yarn stash (inc needles and crochet hooks) and doesnt want it anymore....well let me know i will gladly relieve you of that.

On another note.
Its been exciting here the last couple of days there was an old abandoned warehouse next to our new bldg that burned down monday morning. It was so hot and so close to our bldg that our bldg was evacuated. It smoldered for all monday and almost all of yesterday and the fire truck is still there just in casse because i think there are still hot spots. So it was really interesting to see the firefighters and everything that goes with putting out a fire. I believe yesterday they were also trying to do an investigation but its hard to tell.
Now they are beginning clean up and demolition of the bldg. We all wonder whats going to go on there.
So with the firefighting and the tremendous amount of rain we have had the parking lot behind the warehouse is flooded this is the parking lot for the DCCA. The delaware center for ? arts.

Ok I need to get back to work.

Talk to you all soon

2 comments:

Josh said...

Thats the Delaware Center for Creative Arts.

They keep a stash of beer itn the back so their kool.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better but don't over do it at the gym it is better to take your time & work your way up so you don't get hurt