Spring has showed up. There are flowers and showers and warm weather and birds and bouncing people running in skin tight clothing... which distracts the boys to no end. I fear for my hubbys safety when he drives by campus on warm days. But so far so good.
Anyway I had a little excitement last week at work and not in a good way. My coworker ended up having a siezure while at work. It was very scary because it was so unexpected. She had just got done talking to her daughter and telling us she was going to have leave early. So she got up to get her coat and things to leave, and in my peripheral vision I saw her go around in a half circle (she kind of looked like a dog when they go around in circles before they lay down) and then I saw foam coming out of her mouth and she made a grunting noise and then fell down. I was on the phone and was not quick enough to get to her to help her to the ground.
I let the guy on the phone go and told him Id call him back. I called 911 as M helped her and K went down to tell Security and everyone else he could find.
From the time I called 911 to the time the first emts showed up was 10 minutes. She was starting to come to by this point but she couldnt talk and she was looking very confused.
She has high blood pressure but no history of siezures. So it was kind of a surprise to her and us as well. But she does have a family history of them - she is filipino and they are in the azores and apparently there is some sort of thing that affects people from the azores and causes seizures.
Anyway she is doing well now. She is going to get an eeg today but she is out of work for awhile but otherwise she is doing well. Now the reason she was leaving work early that day was because her daughter is 91/2 months pregnant and the dr had said that she would be going into labor in the next couple of days. Well it is now Wednesday and still no baby but they think she got so stressed out about her mom that she went backwards... well now ive always been under the impression when stressed it could bring on labor... but im not a doctor. And of course she is not due until may 14 anyway but she keeps dilating and she will have the baby soon.
--
Ok so on to other things
--
My cousins wife had her baby a little girl
Her name is Caitlyn (Katie for short) and she was 8lbs.
I have made little booties for her I just need to add buttons and get them to her.
I think that is all for now I will write more later.
HUGS
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
wow that is really scary, I'm glad there were people tehre to help her and get her help.
I've never witnessed anyone having a seizure but I think it would be really scary. I hope she continues to be ok. Her daughter will need her help soon!
Post a Comment