Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Its over ... for now...

The whole TO thing.
For those of you who dont watch football be glad.
For those who do be even gladder.

This was in a blog entry by a man named Judge who writes for NFL.com


Owens won't play again this year, which is the
way it should be when you behave like an idiot. Owens was warned, and he did
nothing about it. In fact, he made matters worse. So the Eagles removed him from
the team and gave him a permanent T.O. Richard Bloch said they acted properly,
but you really didn't need to hear it from him; your mother delivered the same
message years ago.
That's why I like what happened Wednesday. Bloch simply
reiterated something you were taught as a kid: Act up and you get punished.
Period. Kids are sent to their rooms. Owens is sent packing. Big deal. It's the
same lesson.
Had Bloch ruled otherwise, I could envision a cadre of
malcontents citing Owens vs. NFL as precedent for disruptive conduct aimed at
gaining releases -- on their terms, of course. Instead, we have a decision that
reminds us that it's good to listen. It's good to behave. And you know
something? It's good to get along with the head coach and quarterback, too.
Wow, what a concept.


So yay Hopefully it is finally over. The madness of Fuckup TO and the devil incarnate Drew Rosenhaus.

Someone else can have him-and try and change him... I would love to see him go to Oakland or Green Bay.
But I would love better to see him not play football at all.
Ok I dont really mean that. I think he is a great player with a lot of talent - the problem is his ego doesnt know when to keep its mouth shut. And neither does his agent.

For those who dont know Drew Rosenhaus is such a despicable character he makes the slimiest used car salesman look like an angel.
When Drew talks you feel like you need to go to confession and then take a scalding shower to make the unclean feeling go away.
Drew saved a boys life in Disney world this past fall-summer? it was only a couple of months ago. He was not humble - he was not thankful that the boy was alright and he did what anyone else would do. Not Drew Rosenhaus. He spoke of himself as the greatest man on earth and he hoped that the Eagles would see that he wasnt a bad guy and would sign a new contract for TO.
Um...what does saving a boys life, have to do with anything football related?
At any rate Drew is an agent for a few football players. But I am hoping they are beginning to see he is just Iago and will get rid of him soon.

On a happier note tomorrow is thanksgiving... lots of turkey... and football- i love turkey and football.

When I get back I will have pics and stuff of the holiday and my 10 yr hs reunion.

No comments: