Monday, March 27, 2006

I saw it coming...

but you know it still sucks.
This will most likely be my last week in this contract position.
I do not think they are going to renew my contract which ends on Friday.

This is ok I guess. I am looking for another job and I have some prospects.

But the double whammy on this is my Dad is in surgery right now.
They found a mass in his lungs a couple of weeks ago and they need to remove it. As of right now we dont know if its cancerous. However with the amount of cigarettes my father has smoked since the age of 17, I wont be surprised if it is cancerous.
My father is now 68 and stopped smoking about 3 years ago.
He is already a cancer survivor as he had throat cancer a few years ago. But he continued to smoke even after going through radiation therapy.
But they found this lump because he had pneumonia and they did a chest xray.

I am also without phone service at home. I have my cell phone but the reception isnt the greatest and if I am going to talk to my parents I would rather use the land line. However I cant because some freaking jackass decided to cut the phone lines in our area. So right now there are about 900 people without phone service. We have been without since Saturday and they dont expect to get it fixed until Thursday. This morning there were about 8 phone trucks in the area trying to get this fixed. It also sucks because my daughters daycare is in this area and if something happens I dont know if they will be able to call me. I dont know if they will be allowed to call on the cell phones - I dont know if there is a backup plan...

but this is my day and i just wanted to share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jackie: Yuck. Sounds like you have your hands full of crap and could use some good news. I can offer this: Spring is Sprung! It's 60 degrees and sunny today in CT. This is the kind of weather that can banish even the most tenacious of my blues. Hope you're getting some sunshine too.

Remember my favorite sayings: Everything happens for a reason, don't sweat the small stuff, and that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.