Tuesday, March 28, 2006

is it cancer?

maybe
here is the update.
my mom called me yesterday and said my dad is very sore.
they went in and were unable to remove all of the mass because it was wrapped around some veins and arteries.
but they are talking about radiation and chemo treatments.
this disturbs and scares me.
what disturbs me is i keep thinking about what the mass looks like and it skeeves me out.
i cant help it. i mean i have no idea what a cancerous mass looks like. i can only imagine and what i imagine sickens me.
im very mad at my dad for smoking for as long as he did.
and im very scared that maybe this time he wont be so lucky.
and that makes me even more mad.
he has a granddaughter that i want him to be able to play with and watch grow up and he screwed his life up by smoking 3 packs a day at one time.

grrr... but my dad for all of his complaining is a fighter and he has told me he isnt ready to let this thing beat him. so chances are good they will get it all with chemo and radiation.
but its not going to be pretty.

right now my dad is on morphine and sleeping.
i am going to see him tonight and see how he is doing.
basically to let my mom go home for a little while and take care of the dog and she has some sort of meeting.

im just very concerned for my dad right now and it pisses me off.

--
on an unrelated note the job search continues. they have extended my contract here until the end of april.
this is to give me time to find something and help transition the new guy.

i have had a couple of more calls from places yesterday
so hopefully within the next couple of weeks i will have something permanent.

hugs all....

3 comments:

Echrai said...

With luck, it's not cancerous. I mean, I have a growth on my thyroid that nothing can be done with short of such treatments because it's twined around with blood vessels, etc. Which sounds really really foul. Granted, I was supposed to have it tested to confirm it's benign, but that was right before my ex dropped my insurance and I've been off and on ever since. One of these days I'll get it checked out again. But... with any luck, chemo and radiation will knock the stuff out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And trust me, I understand completely. After all, my mom's going through testing for something similar with her breast cancer. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I just saw your comment over at Harlot's place and wanted to come by and give you a hug and let you know I'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for your Dad and Mum and you. Take care of yourself.

Ilanna said...

*HGUUUGS* on dad. but you were asking for opinions re: the job.

I'd say, at this point in time? I wouldn't want to tempt murphy TOO much. I find that when a good position is offered (even if it's not ideal) if you turn it down, everything else will dry up unless another offer comes in before you have to accept.

Also might be worth talking to your mom about taking silver one or two days a week, in which case then you COULD take the bus that day cuz your mom is nearby wiht the baby and SHe would have a car... but that may not be feasible... dont' know...Good luck! (is there any negotiation room in the $$?)