I am feeling much better. I have a horrendous cough but I can blog again and hopefully I will get some knitting done and have pics to show you.
Here is yet another project I want to work on.
Rambling Leaves Shawl
Ok but today - today you get a rant.
I have been working at my new job for a month now. I like it I really do. The one complaint I have is with a co worker. I will rant here and we will never speak of it again-deal?
Ok So I have a male co-worker who is very knowledgeable in what we do. He knows what he is talking about and he can explain it so you understand. This is rare in most techs which is what makes certain people special.
However he is not that great on the phone or with customer service. He talks to customers sometimes in what I think is a very condescending manner at times. I dont know if he realizes he does it but his whole phone manner is not that which is conducive to a helpdesk.
Plus 3 out of 5 days of the week he comes in with a migraine and God forbid you should talk to him above a normal voice or talk to someone else in the room or on the phone above a normal voice. ( Did I mention I work in a helpdesk and people call in with trouble on the line so sometimes you have to yell so they can hear you?) He essentially becomes a little bitch and only one person can talk to him at time and OMG you better not throw in your two cents or add to the conversation in ANYWAY or he holds up his hand to you and gets pissy and says I can only handle one thing at a time. I mean he isnt even really nice about it. On top of this he is also ADD. Whichc contributes to the conversation issue. I also have ADD and I understand where he is coming from but I have learned to deal with it. I can handle a multi person conversation and I can multitask most of the time.
Its just so freaking irritating and I have no idea what the hell he is doing on a helpdesk anyway.
(whew *steps off soapbox)
ok now we will never speak of this again.
===
On to other things
Tomorrow is the Scottish Games at Fair Hill MD - should be fun I cant wait - I hope it doesnt rain cuz if it does we wont be able to go.
Also tomorrow is the College Student Surplus Sale in Newark for UD students leaving for the summer or graduating. What they used to do is throw everything out this is where the term dumpster diving comes from. When the kids leave you can get tons of furntiture, electronics etc.
The town and gown committee has organized an event where they are basically having a yard sale for the college kids. This is good because it means people can recycle stuff instead of throwing it in the dumpster. The landfill is getting too full apparently and this is the alternative. I like it. However the town is still providing the huge dumpsters for afterwards for whatever people dont sell. So we will still get to dumpster dive:)
People throw away the darnedest things. I have gotten computer desks, nightstands, tables, couches and i think we got a tv once definitely lamps and entertainment centers.
Ok so on to the knitting news which I know you have been waiting for...
oh yeah ive been sick... there is no knitting news.
But I have been shopping for Windows.
Did you know that windows are expensive to replace?
I have to replace all the windows in my house. I have 26 windows. They are what they call casement windows
So we had appleby come out and give us an estimate, now appleby is TOP of the line probably the best you can get. If money wasnt an issue these would be the windows I would buy. However I am a normal working class human being and money is an issue. They wanted over $30,000 for these windows. um yeah...i dont think so.
So at any rate I have Sears coming out tonight and two more estimates scheduled for next week.
I hope I will be able to get something a whole lot cheaper. They wanted more for these windows then I paid for BOTH of our cars.
sigh
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I know the type you are dealing with. I feel your pain. Believe me. :)
as for the windows - well we already talked about that. :)
have fun at the scottish games - i got too much else going on tomorrow to even think about going which kind of sucks, cuz for once I can actually afford to buy some stuff.
Post a Comment