
This is my munchkin from this weekend. This also doubles as your knitting news.
I made the top. Its from here Knitty.com-Katja
The new leaf is I have decided I need to finally lose the baby weight I gained a year ago while pregnant with my ultra adorable child.
I gained 50lbs when I had my daughter.
When she was born I lost 20lbs.
I have since regained 15lbs.
I have been holding steady at 174lbs.
I am 5'3"
and I am not healthy.
So here is my plan and hopefully those of you who are around me will help me out.
1 - I plan to cut out sodas all sodas caffeinated and otherwise.
I plan to drink more fruit juice. But since I dont like fruit juice that much I wont go overboard on it like I do the soda.
2- I plan to walk/exercise more
I started this last week. I try to walk everyday at lunch and I am going to try and walk more.
This weekend I did a nice long walk with the hashers. But I ruined all that exercise with beer:)
3-I want to eat more veggies and choose healthier foods.
This is not that difficult but they are some healthy things I dont like. Like peppers, and most fruits. I am fairly picky about what I eat. Maybe one way to fix this is to just start eating a lot of salads.
And cut out all the junk food. That is the hard part. And one of my fave junk food are potatoes.
I love potatoes. I love them almost anyway they are made. French Fries, Mashed potatoes, potatoes au graten, hash browns, latkes, baked potatoes, potato chips, potato salad. boiled potatoes are not my favorite but add a little butter and you can make them like mashed potatoes.
Ok I am trying to be good.
See why I need your help?


3 comments:
Fruit juices are generally considered empty calories although fortified orange juice is not as bad as you can get your vitamin C and other things. Besides, most juice you can get is actually "fruit" juice.
You're better off with plain ol' water. Diet soda is an option if you have no objection to the artificial sweetners. I never did diet soda but am used to it now. Diet Dr. P and diet root beer are actually not too bad. Or try some of the flavored waters.
By the way, I should have also congratulated you on your new leaf. Every little bit helps. Good luck!
Don't go down the fruit juice road. Lots of calories and no fiber. Drink plain old water - cheap and convenient. I cut up a lime, put it in a jug of water and leave it in the fridge. Very refreshing on a hot day, and no icky tap water taste. Use soda water if you want fizz.
Post a Comment