Thursday night we started putting Silver to sleep in her crib in her room instead of in the bassinet in our room. We did this because the ferret, Sluggy, had figured out how to get into the bassinet. She was jumping from the bed to the bassinet - yes we thought it was far enough away. I guess it wasn't. I found her in the bassinet with Silver in it and Silver was not too happy about it either. So to resolve this issue we moved Silver into her room.
Now I have been paranoid about the cat getting into the crib.
Cats have been know to inadvertently kill babies by sleeping on them. It is not that the cat is malicious and trying to kill the baby it is because the baby is warm and soft and they are used to sleeping on adults and older children who can handle it.
However we did not think Tueful could jump into the crib without us hearing it. We were wrong. Fortunately we have a monitor in the corner of the crib away from the baby and I heard something that did not sound like the baby moving. I jump out of bed and find tueful sitting next to the monitor rubbing up against it. Now she was not near the baby but to avoid any chances I took her out yelled NO and threw her down on the floor and told her OUT.
The cat runs into my room and stares at me as I ask Josh where the crib tent is she heads back into the babies room. I yell at her again to get out. She runs downstairs.
The crib tent was in Silvers closet so at 1000 last night in the semi darkness trying not to wake up Silver I am trying to velcro on the crib tent.
This was made more difficult by the fact that the tent had velcroed itself together.
Fortunately the tent has a zipper on it so you only have to fool with velcroes once.
Ok baby is asleep and safe from the cat.
Josh and i again have a discussion about getting rid of the cats. When we have finished the conversation the cat climbs into bed with us and sleeps next to me... weirdo.
However the conversation upset me so much that I had a hard time falling asleep.
I finally get to sleep somewhere around 1130
Sometime later Josh grabs my blanket and yells something like JACKIE TURN ON THE LIGHT WE CANT SLEEP HERE!
I turn on the light. I am wide awake now
He was dreaming. Something about we were in a basement somewhere.
He laughs and apologizes and I laugh because it was kind of funny but it did scare me.
Ok now I am wide awake again. I go to check on Silver - still sleeping - *whew*
I turn off the light and look at the clock its 1240a. great i have been asleep for about an hour and silver will be waking sometime aroun 5 to be fed and I have to be at work by 8a. Fun.
I again have a hard time going back to sleep. Eventually I do and Silver wakes up around 530a. I feed her and keep her in bed with me cuz I know she might wake up again. Plus I like holding her.
I keep waking up though and in between dozing I have a dream that my cat is eating people. swallowing them whole like a black hole.
finally the alarm clock goes off and i get ready for work.
i go downstairs after my shower and the dog has chewed on the carpet and through a sock.
he has chew toys- i dont get it.
so now im at work...
anyone want a pet?
Saturday, May 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Strange. I had a pet dream about a cat eating me that same night. One that was so odd and distressing that it really stuck out in my mind. Lisa announced that we were taking in a new cat. And since Mitzi is so evil with cats, she would get locked up in the cat room and the cats would have the run of the place. The only problem was this new cat was a true carnivore. I woke up from a night's sleep (in the dream) to find the cat lying at the foot of my bed and there was this awful pain from my foot. I looked down and realized the cat had actually eaten my entire foot and all that was left was a disgusting bloody stump. I screamed and Lisa came in and looked at me and told me I was making a big fuss about nothing over "a little lovenip" then she ran off cuddling the cat and cooing to it. Weird weird dream.
Post a Comment