Ok maybe not the best weekend ever...that may be exaggerating but it was absolutely fabulous even though it did not start that way.
Thursday night I wanted to go to bed early because I knew I was going to need to get up early and get my munchkin down to my parents before work. They watched her all weekend.
At any rate so I get to bed about 845 or so. Sometime after 9 -Silver wakes up crying. No big I think Josh will get her. After a couple of minutes I realize he is not going to get her - so I get her. (He was apparently outside with the dog and didnt hear her.)
So now I am trying to get her to go back to sleep - finally she goes back to sleep I dont remember how but I know she went back to sleep because I went back to bed and went to sleep.
An hour later she wakes up again and again I think Josh will get her. But again he doesnt and she is getting more and more upset. So I go in and get her. I am holding her singing to her Josh finally brings a bottle but she wont drink it. And she just keeps screaming - finally he takes her downstairs and I try to go back to sleep.
I am too pissed off at this point to go back to sleep and Silver is still crying I can hear her from upstairs with the door closed.
So I try and calm down and I go downstairs and I pick her up give her a blankie and rock her in the chair while singing to her. we also give her some tylenol and after 30 minutes she finally goes to sleep.
I take her upstairs and put her to bed. She thankfully sleeps the rest of the night but at this point it is 11p.
I get to sleep and I wake up at 615a (I wanted to get up at 530) but I get showered dressed and josh got the baby ready. I leave the house at 7 which is when I wanted to leave.
So we are happily driving along and things are going well until we get a third of the way to my parents house. And I'm driving and I look back and Silver is almost asleep and all of a sudden she throws up all over herself and the car seat. And proceeds to scream.
I stop at a McDonalds and I clean her up and change her clothes while calling work and my parents to tell them I am now going to be late. I leave it at this -it was yucky.
I get her back into the car and shes happy after to receiving a toy from the McD's manager for giving the paper towel roll back.
Proceed on she falls asleep.
We get to my parents house and she is happy again no problems.
She is eating - she wont drink any milk but thats ok.
I had to take the car seat out of my car and take it completely apart to clean it
So I hose down the plastic part and leave it outside
The pad gets thrown in the washer
And I handwash the belt portion and all the little plastic pieces.
I finish feeding my daughter and then i need to get to work
I get to work half an hour late.
Work was fine.
No real problems.
And they ordered lunch (bonus!)
At lunch I expect to get to my parents and put the car seat together and put it in the car and be on my way.
I get to my parents and I am greeted at the door by a completely bare assed naked baby. Who is ecstatic to be running around with no clothes and no diapers.
My mom goes you are just in time to give her a bath - in the kitchen sink. Which was easier for me than a bathtub but a little odd for the munchkin until i gave her a toy and she proceeded to make a big ol' mess it was fun.
But then I still had to dry her off rediaper her and put some clothes on her.
Then I got to pu the car seat back together and put it in my moms car. Which is an older car and does not have the LATCH system which is a lot easier.
So he took me a lot longer to put the seat in then I thought it would.
I got back to work 10 minutes late
The rest of friday was fine.
I got home, drank a couple of beers, watched jeopardy and had dinner with my friends and their daughter and my roommate and her bf.
When my friends were leaving we hitched a ride over to another friends house for bad movie night - since the bad movies had not arrived yet we started drinking we watched danny phantom (yes i watch entirely way too many cartoons for someone who is 28 yrs old)
and then we watched the season finale of Dr. Who. Which was fantastic.
Then the bad movies arrived and we watched Zombie Porn on Fast forward it was called the Re-Penetrator and was really BAD.
Then we watched Flesh Gordon which is 70s porn and my comment was wow she has real breasts.
Then we started watching another movie which was a high budget porn called Pirates. But it was late and Josh and I decided to leave and go home.
Saturday morning was our usual saturday we got up and went to the comic book store.
Then we went to home depot and we found a patio set for 90 bucks - 4 chairs a table and an umbrella. It was the last one left from a memorial day sale (YAY!)
So I now have a patio set and can use my deck.
We also bought some salt for the water softener.
And a piece of marble to fix the floor by the back door.
We get home and I start looking for something to wear to a party we are heading to later. And
Josh measures out the section of carpet that need to be cut and ripped out.
So he's doing that and then i hear him yell and I run downstairs and he has found where all the ants have been coming from - they had a nest under our carpet by the back door with eggs and everything.
So I run out to the grocery store to get ant killer spray cuz all we have is wasp spray.
I get the Raid and come home and Josh is putting together the patio set. So I spray all around the door and under the carpet and anywhere else I have seen ants.
And then i help him put together the patio table
Now i am able to go find something to wear- yay i looked good. sorry no pictures.
Think belly dancer though.
Then we went to the party which was really a live action role playing game called Changeling (which I think I have mentioned before) at any rate we had a blast there.
Then we went to Dracula's Ball at Shampoo in Philly. It was a lot of fun there was a cool band that played I dont remember their name. Unto Ashes I think...
Dracula's Ball is an event held several times a year with live music - djs and other entertainment It is an all ages event but there is a bar area.
I saw lots of people I have not seen in ages it was great.
I used to go to goth night (Nocturne) every wednesday when I was in college. Ok maybe not every wednesday but fairly frequently.
Now I make it maybe once a year. I love it! So much dancing and just a good time.
I dont remember a whole lot but I remember it was fun and I spoke to lots of people.
The bartender was fabulously cute and good natured!
I got home about 3a
Sunday we woke up about 1oa.
Got everything together and went to dover to get the munchkin who was in a pretty good mood when we got ther but she got progressively tired as the day went on. We had lunch with my parents and then ran out to see my grandmother - we were there for about half an hour
then we took her to my in-laws and we were there from 330p-6p
we got home and we put her to bed because she was tired.
josh and i then sat out on the deck for a little while and i knit and he played with his new PDA.
Then I did laundry and went to bed.
the munchkin slept all night
and today she moved to the next room in daycare.
my little baby is growing up in the world and its so cute:)
i hope you all had as fabulous a weekend as i did.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment