Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR! and a resolution

Hello and happy new year.

I hope everyone had a good time and didnt drink too much.

I have a made a resolution this year.

Its actually a complex resolution.

I have decided I want to lose weight. This year I want to lose 25-30 pounds.
I have started this resolution by cutting out soda.

Now this is always hard for me because there are several things I need to do to lose weight.
#1 move more...or the awful word exercise.
#2 eat better...- ok i dont really eat bad - i just need to cut out the bad stuff i do eat.
#3 cut out sodas. not only does the caffeine become addictive but one 12 oz can has a cup of sugar in it. that is the equivalent of pouring a cup of sugar or 16 packets of sugar in 8 oz of water and mixing it all up and drinking it.
#4 i want to join a gym - im trying to save. (thats hard)

but i want to lose the weight so i will post it here and weekly - my current weight is 181lbs.
I am 5'3". my BMI is 31 a healthy BMI is 24
a healthy weight range for my height is from 105-140.

(this year obviously im shooting for about 160 but losing weight will help me feel better. I was 140 before I had my daughter and a size 12 - I would like to get back to that by the end of the year but I am setting realistic goals. )

So right now my Goal is to hit 160 by the end of the year.

By the end of January I would like to be 175.

so i will post weekly what my weight is -every friday.

so i need your help. i am allowing myself one beer on wednesdays (thats when we go to dinner)

other than that water, milk or decaf tea with only 2 teaspoons of sugar (instead of like the 4 i usually put in)

but the goal is too cut out as much refined sugar as possible and to just be healthier.

i will set other goals for myself as time goes on.
anyone wishing to join me let me know.
we can weigh in together. and let me know your progress.

Heres to a healthier and skinnier me and maybe you :) !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you already know I'm game. I ordered a book today called the GI Diet. and am working on moderation and portion control. I'm going to try walking each day at lunch, even for a few minutes, every step helps. And drinking more water and no soda.

I'll post my diet info on my blog tomorrow. since today was about the yfc.

KnittyOtter said...

You Wrote: "#3 cut out sodas. not only does the caffeine become addictive but one 12 oz can has a cup of sugar in it. that is the equivalent of pouring a cup of sugar or 16 packets of sugar in 8 oz of water and mixing it all up and drinking it."

Actually a 12 oz can of soda has 39 grams of sugar, which is about 7.5 teaspoons of granulated sugar.

I'm all for kicking the can as they say, but just wanted to give you a heads up on your facts. ;)

http://knittyotter.typepad.com/photos/random/kick_the_can.gif

Blogger won't let me post the html to post the image but there's a button you can put up on your blog to remind you to stop drinking sodas if you want. ;)

Good luck with all your healthy you new years resolutions! :D

*OtterHuggles*

mary bishop said...

Good for you!

Soda is demonic, but diet soda is worse I think...look for the biggest person in the room and he or she will be clutching a can of diet soda.

I used to be hooked on soda but my teeth hated it and I got lots of cavities...then I went to beer which I adore, but I do limit myself...can't have it everyday. I am into coffee which I don't over sugar and green tea...Water, you can get used to it, is pretty good now to my taste buds. I hate to waste calories on fluids, except beer!

(I lost my weight through calorie counting...as mom used to say, what doesn't go through the lips, won't go on the hips.)

Good Luck!