Yesterday there was no biting.
Today there was biting...the daycare called me a little while ago and said Silver had been bit again. This time BiterBaby as i like to call the child had a toy that Silver wanted and she went to grab it like little ones do and well BiterBaby bit my baby.
Silver is ok the skin was not broken.
I spoke to the caregiver today. She said that BiterBaby has bitten other babies not just mine.
So now the question is now raised why is the child still in the class?
So I called to talk to the director, but the director is in a meeting until after lunch. So when I go on lunch I will call and talk to the director.
I will let you guys know whats going on.
update:
Ok so I spoke with the program director today and she said they are looking into the problem with BabyBiter and trying to determine a pattern as to when the biting occurs. Apparently there has also been hitting which I was unaware of since baby hitting rarely leaves bruises. As far as I know Silver has not been a biter or a hitter. We have worked to keep her from doing that. The program director herself has been in the room trying to "troubleshoot" the problem and help out. She also seemed to hint that it may not be one child doing the biting and hitting.
She said it seems to be during a transition time in the room when they have "free play" time. Which makes sense since they are not getting the interaction they are used to.
I explained my concern that I did not want Silver to pick up the same behavior and I did not want a habitual biter in the class. She tried to alleviate my fears I think by asking me what makes me think its the same child and I said I don't know I assumed because no one told me different.
But at least something is being done.
Silver is out of daycare until Wednesday. She is spending tomorrow and Saturday with my parents and Sunday thru Tuesday with hubby down to the beach with the family.
I am going to be lonely.
E moves out on Saturday:) Poor Poor Lonely Me...;)
hmmm I should ask my parents if I can bring Dino down and stay at their place in Dover...
nah prolly wont work;)
plus the cat and ferret will still need to be taken care of.
guess i am heading back to home then :P
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Geesh! Like you need to worry about your child being bitten in daycare!!
Eveytime I look at her picture I want to scream out loud to the Daycare people: Keep a better eye on that beautiful baby.
Sometimes it's good to be alone - time to pamper yourself a little or read that book you haven't had time for...
try not to be too lonely...you can always blog!!
Post a Comment