So one of the things that is disturbing about being pregnant is the amount of time you spend awake when you want to be asleep. I know this happens after the baby is born also but this is different. The first trimester I woke up having to go to the bathroom 3 times a night or more and also had horrible morning sickness in the middle of the night. So I was awake alot during the night and would sleep during the day sometimes. In the 2nd trimester I also slept little as I couldnt get comfortable because everything hurt. The 2nd trimester wasnt too bad I did get more sleep then the first trimester. Now towards the end of the pregnancy in the 3rd trimester I feel like I am awake even when I am asleep. I am also waking up to go to the bathroom a couple times a night. I also get heartburn that will wake me up or keep me awake and no antacids dont really help. But the most disturbing times I wake up are when I am awoken by my dreams or by nothing at all. I will wake up from a deep sleep for no reason and I am immediately on edge adrenaline going and I wont be able to go back to sleep. This is annoying because I dont know why I woke up.
Then there are the times where my dreams wake me up. Since I have been pregnant I have had very vivid dreams. And sometimes they will be nightmares and will wake me up. Last night was one such time and it was weird because during the dream I knew it was stupid and there was no reason I should be scared but I was anyway. I will share it with you because it is funny and disturbing all at the same time. And I didnt really feel much better after sharing it with Josh and usually that makes me feel better even though sharing part of the dream made me laugh. I still didnt want to go back to sleep.
Ok the dream- I dont remember how it began all I remember is that Josh and I were at home and I was in bed trying to sleep. When we heard something downstairs. And I had this feeling that someone was trying to kill me. Josh got up and went downstairs and was looking at a security camera tape for the house. He saw something weird but I dont know what it was somehow he was communicating with me even though he was downstairs and I was upstairs. After awhile my dreamself went to sleep again. I still had the notion someone was trying to kill me. At some point I awoke again in the dream and there was someone behind me and they had their hands on my head trying to squeeze my head - I dunno I just know this person was trying to kill me. I turned around to see who it was and get this ... it was Terrell Owens from the Philadelphia Eagles. I tried laughing at him knowing this was stupid and it only came out as a whimper. And I tried pushing the hands away from my head- And then I woke up. Josh said I whimpered in my sleep....
Now the reality is I know this is stupid and I am probably watching WAY too much NFL Network and ESPN. This morning I deliberately did NOT watch sportscenter i watched a little nfl network until i realized the game they were showing was the 49ers and Green bay when TO was at the niners. Anyway I know the dream is stupid and totally unrealistic but still -
Ok so any ideas? Or am I just fucked up in the head?
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Okay, so my interpretion is as follows:
1. you're not getting enough sleep (duh!) since your dreamself is trying to sleep.
2. Secretly, you think Josh wants to change careers so he can become a security guard and eat donuts.
3. The fear of someone killing you by squeezing you is your discomfort with the baby squeezing you as she gets bigger and bigger and there's no room left.
4. TO is going to go into the superbowl even though his doctors say know and kill the patriots. (pregnant - patriot - they sound kinda similar)
Okay, maybe not, but I like that theory. :)
yeah i dont think i want to know the interpretation of that dream either.
i still didnt sleep well last night but not because of disturbing dreams thank goodness. just potty breaks:)
Post a Comment